The internet is a beautiful and fantastic place. It’s been called the most powerful tool for social change ever invented, and it allows people to spread ideas, culture, knowledge, and connections in countries all over the world. But is it possible to make money off of teaching? Yes, it is!
So do you want to learn how to sell online courses?
Then check out this blog post about everything you need to know about selling online courses on Udemy, Skillshare, and Coursera. You might be wondering if selling online courses is even a viable option. Of course, it’s not an idea that comes up when someone asks you because it seems like a niche market, but plenty of people are interested in learning and teaching online courses.
The following blog post will explain how you can sell online courses, the benefits and downsides of selling them, and how to sell them (including sample syllabi for an online course). We’ll also discuss what you should know about selling online courses before diving into it.
Where do I sell my online course?
Udemy is one of the largest online platforms where you can sell your online course. Of course, it’s not the only place you can sell online courses, but it’s a trendy choice. Udemy allows you to sell your course.
Skillshare is a website that lets you upload videos and other content to sell with their “teacher marketplace” program.
Coursera offers courses you can sell through the study.com platform, similar to Udemy and Skillshare.
There are other online marketplaces you can use to sell your online course. Still, I tried to list the most popular platforms for beginners and intermediate students who want to teach online courses without a degree or master’s degree.
Advantages of Selling Online Courses
The money is excellent!
The two most popular selling platforms, Udemy and Skillshare, give you 70% of the money from each course. So if you sell your online course for $100, you’ll receive $70. That’s a pretty good deal for a course that may take you anywhere from a few days to months to put together.
It’ll help you uniquely use your expertise while making money.
So many people have degrees and work in the field they studied in college or graduate school but are unhappy with their work because it doesn’t line up with their passions. how to sell online courses. If you’re in a similar situation, learn how to sell online courses by creating an online course based on your passion. It’s not easy to make money, but it could be a great way to use your skills and expertise and make money while working towards something you find fulfilling.
You can get an education.
Speaking of passions and passions for education, if you become good at teaching online courses and have a lot of connections in the community on sites like Udemy or Skillshare, there’s a chance you can get into a Mastermind Group that contains some of the top course creators on Udemy or Skillshare.
You can provide a service for people who want to learn about something.
Selling online courses isn’t just about getting people to pay you for a course. It’s also about providing a service to people who need help and want it. With an online course, you can reach thousands of people at once and help them achieve their goals or whatever they’re trying to learn if they need assistance.
Why does someone want to learn how to sell online courses?
1. You like to teach, and this is a new way to get paid (aside from teaching in school). If you enjoy teaching and working with students, how to sell online courses, you wouldn’t want to sell online courses. But, on the other hand, the money is excellent, you get a lot of freedom regarding what course you create, and you can use your knowledge of a subject to share with others.
2. You want to make more money than your current job allows. Did you ever think it was strange that Amazon’s CEO is the wealthiest person globally? Because Jeff Bezos created an online marketplace, he was able to build his business and sell it for billions.
3. You want to share knowledge that’s hard to obtain in school. If you know a lot about a subject, selling online courses is one way to share your knowledge. Of course, it might be a little easier to do that online instead of in person, but it can still provide value for someone who wants to learn about something hard to find or acquire.
4. You have an audience on other platforms already. If you have followers on social media platforms like Twitter or Instagram (or have done well with blog posts), selling online courses can be another way to make money while teaching what they want and need to know.
5. You want to share your knowledge with the world. I told my wife how someone in a high school class once told me that he wanted to be a writer. I thought about how that was a good dream.
Read More: How to Win at Kingkongxo