Last Updated on September 15, 2023 by admin
Not every home, premise, or business property is the same. However, every property deserves equal protection through a surveillance cameras. Every security surveillance distributor believes these are a great tool to secure the premise without staying alert.
CCTV surveillance is the most common type of surveillance today. Depending on the budget and layout of the property, it is possible to determine the placement of the security camera. Hence, this article compiles brilliant ideas to place security cameras for maximum protection.
Keep reading to learn the tips and tricks for surveillance camera installation!
Clever suggestions to place the camera
With the advancement in technologies, there are plenty of options ranging from wireless CCTVs to automation in surveillance. However, these additions work for behavioural studies, traffic surveillance, and obtaining the visual record.
The basic rules remain the same for all surveillance cameras installations. Here are some expert tips from a security surveillance distributor regarding camera placement.
- Area: This is one factor that decides the overall budget for camera installation. Hence, choosing a wider angle or a placement that covers the maximum area can optimise the limitations and alter your budget.
- Lighting: Appropriate lighting is essential to monitor the activities on the camera. The lighting should be enough to identify facial features, observe the activities, and pick up minute yet crucial details.
- Hide the cables: Hiding the wires from installation is one of the best ideas, which has also given rise to wireless CCTV. A professional surveillance installation team knows the tricks to hide the cables or ensure they are challenging to observe.
- Ensure data backup: Since the surveillance is for protection, it is essential to record and store the footage for future reference.
- Consult with professionals: While you may have many wise friends to give the best advice, you must consult with professionals in the field before you install your CCTV.
After knowing the tricks to install security cameras, it is time to explore the best places for installation. The following section highlights the area around your premise to ensure maximum protection.
Best locations to install a security surveillance camera
While every individual may have their own priorities, exploring multiple options for installing security cameras is necessary. This is because a premise consists of multiple vulnerable areas. Hence, identifying the most active spots is a must.
Below are some suggestions for installing the security camera:
- The front door is the first choice to install the camera because it receives the maximum footfall. Additionally, 34% of burglars enter a property through the front door.
- Apart from the back and side doors, the garage or driveway is the second-best place to install security cameras. This is because suspected individuals are likely to explore garages for hiding and find an alternative gate.
- Installing a camera in the common interior gives data about all the possible activities inside the property. Everywhere, a common area remains the break-in point for everyone entering the building.
Apart from exploring the best places to install a security camera, it is also essential to understand the areas where it is not suitable to place the camera. Hence, weigh the possibilities and choose wisely.
What is the best way to install security cameras?
Installing security cameras can be crucial in securing your property and keeping your loved ones safe. However, ensuring they are installed correctly is essential to provide optimal protection. The best way to install security cameras depends on a few factors, including the type of camera and the location you want to monitor.
Firstly, choosing the right location for your security camera is essential. You should consider areas where people are likely to enter your property and places where valuable items are kept. Once you’ve chosen the location, it’s time to mount the camera. Ensure the camera is at the right height and angle to capture everything you need. For outdoor cameras, ensure that they are protected from the elements and that the cables are securely hidden.
Secondly, you should consider the type of camera you need. Various types of security cameras are available, including wired and wireless options, and you should choose one that fits your needs. Wired cameras require a cable to connect to your recording device, while wireless cameras are connected through Wi-Fi. Wireless cameras are often easier to install but can be susceptible to interference.
Finally, it’s essential to test your cameras after installation. Ensure the footage is clear and that you have covered all the necessary areas. Regularly maintaining and cleaning your cameras are also vital to ensure they function correctly.
Thus, it is safe to conclude that surveillance cameras are necessary in today’s world. Even if you live in a well-protected community, having your arrangements will only add a protective layer. Make sure the product is top-quality and from a trustworthy source, and you’re good to go.